Thursday, February 22, 2018

Unity Mushroom Card

Last night I choose a couple stamps, paper and ink I thought would be a good fit. One of them, the mushrooms from Unity’s KOTM, I paired with Rose Avenue paper from Kaisercraft. I also took out a Tim Holtz Vellum paper pad I bought on sale over the holidays. I wanted to see if I could use a snippet from the pad. Since these were mushrooms I wanted to use a combo of greys, tan/browns, yellows and blues. I found some yellow flowers and thought I would use the same greens on the grass blades in the image. I stamped the image and called it a night! (Just an FYI, I am challenged by blogger on an IPad so sometimes the pictures appear out of order. See below pics for more details!)




So to begin, I pulled all the papers I had gathered and started selecting pencil colors. I kept the colors on the cool side with the yellow orange providing a nice contrast. I colored the image and then added blue to the background with the lightest at the top and darkest at the bottom.

Once the image was completed I started adhering paper to the card. There were some changes from my original design as I lost a paper in my mess, but I ended up selecting a sheet of pale blue doors that I ended up liking. I had a piece of blue and white cross hatch Bella Blvd scrap paper that I backed the vellum with that to me gives the impression of a gate behind the flowers. I die cut the mushroom image and backed it with a Kaisercraft green wood grain paper and a JoAnn cream colored paper. I then pulled the sentiment from the kit and stamped that on the same cream paper. I would back that with another paper from Kaisercraft once I used a tag die cut that I ended up modifying to fit the card.

To complete the card I pulled some Kaisercraft and Tim Holtz ephemera and added Nuvo drops. I’m pretty happy with the look of the vellum as I was concerned whether I could ever use it! Hope this card tickles your fancy, so to speak! Have a great day and come back and visit!






No comments:

Post a Comment