Sunday, August 18, 2024

Artist Trading Cards Summer 2024

 Got back into having some fun creating Artist Trading Cards for a small group I trade with. Love my small group as we have agreed to be free to create whatever we want, using whatever skills, techniques and products we want, and on whatever schedule we want! No stress just an opportunity to share and receive vibes on a whim!

So my first ATC set was created using an old retired Unity March 2020 SMAK stamp set, an old Prima paper pack, called En Francais, Washi tape, a Divinity Designs stencil, Tim Holtz sentiment strips and Brutus Monroe sequins. After using watercolors on the image, I paper pieced clothing using paper from the pack. I always add shading to paper pieced items. I added cut up ephemera pieces using images from the paper and also cut up pieces of the Washi tape to add to the design. It was so fun finding Washi tape that color matched. I used more stamps from the kit for background effects, filled in with stenciling and added background shading to the image. I love how the sequin and cut up Washi tape created a little dream catcher effect. I added paper strips at the bottom and sentiment strips to complete the cards.

For the second set, I started with creating a watercolored background that I could add a stamped grass image to. Using green and purple oxide inks, I stamped a tiny Nellie’s Choice Blooming Grass clear stamp that I had picked up at a stamp expo. To create the foundation for the stamp I tore up and glued together coordinating scrap paper strips. I added to the background watercolored stalks and stamped sentiments from Hobby Arts Greenfingers sentiment stamp set. To complete these ATCs, I added twine and clear crystals. I love the sentiment on these as I have dozens of flowers in my own gardens that I enjoy daily.

So fun and freeing to try to create tiny cards with impactful messages. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment