Sunday, August 18, 2024

BYSHC Sketch 48 Holiday Cards

 Got back into the swing of card making, after a short break, with this interesting sketch from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers group - 

For the first card (and second), I used an old pretty pack by Craft Smith, called Say Freeze. I ended up using one of the papers and layering on cut up plaid strips from another paper from the pad to form the background. I stamped and colored (with watercolors and pens) the image from Unity’s Angie Blom’s Planner Girl: Cold Outside on bristol paper. I ended up paper piecing cut up clothing stamped onto papers from the same pack. I added snow effects using a Posca pen. I used a Sizzix embossing folder to die cut a circle background and matched the diagonal slant of the sketch. I used a cut up sentiment from the pack, enamel dots and ribbon to complete the card.




The second card was so easy to pull together with just the use of this pretty paper pack. I cut down the background from the paper pack on a slant. I then fussy cut the image and sentiment from the paper pack, and added matching shiny green/gold ombré paper to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by and hope these cards provided a little inspiration for cardmaking using simple methods and limited supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment