Friday, February 16, 2024

Creative Expressions Vintage Baubles

 Oh my, I fell in love with this very cute stamp from Creative Expressions, called Vintage Baubles, that I had to pick up recently. I was so inspired by a sample card that I had to try my own version of it.

Sometimes, I get so excited that I don’t take the time and care I should on painting the image (using watercolors and Gansai Tambi paints), but I still think it turned out okay. I started by gold embossing the image on watercolor paper. After painting it, I cut it down to fit a 5x7 card base and distressing the edges. I then searched for paper scraps that I thought could complement the colors I used to paint it. I distressed the edges on those as well after cutting them down.

To complete the card, I glued down the first layer. I then used glue to adhere the centers of the rest of the layers, ensuring the sides could lift a little. I found a sticky sentiment that I cut in half, adhered paper scraps to and distressed the edges as well. I added gold thread behind the sentiment and called it done!

For some reason, I love the random sloppy vibe of this one! Well, hope this inspired you to try this kind of busy stamp! Let me know if this style works for you! Happy stamping till next time! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment