Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Studio Light Christmas Card

 I’ve really become a fan of Studio Light papers, especially the lovely new collections. This one, from a few years back, was more simple than I originally thought when I picked it up. It has simply designed papers, pages of ephemera, and some Christmas sentiments on vellum in the back of the pad. Since I still had paper scraps from recent cards and a new used die I picked up that I thought would work with those scraps, I thought I’d give it a whirl - since the colors matched so well.

So I started down this path after getting a mystery box collection and this full A2 die. I started die cutting the odds and ends paper pieces with the patchwork type die. I carefully adhered them to an orange red card base to match the colors in the paper pad. To make the ephemera standout, I decided to use a tag die as a background, using another paper from the pad.

I fussy cut the ephemera out, and added them to the tag and card base. I then found another die in my stash and cut out 2 sets of sentiments, one in red and one in white. I pulled the card together by adding sequins and just a few glittery pen highlights to the hearts in the house, car windows, and stars.

Must admit, I’m really enjoying playing with ephemera and this die. I may try the die again using a couple sheets of double sided paper... another day! That’s it for today; thanks for stopping by!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment