Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Sketch Challenge #29 - Shop Your Stash

 So, I’m hoping to inspire some of you to go back in time, looking through your stash for some of the oldest items you have! Now, I must admit, I’ve not been crafting as long as many of you, but I still have some relics. When I started out, I picked up this Authentique holiday paper pack, which I am very close to de-stashing because the style is so out of date… very tiny images, looks aged (as many old Authentique packs did), and not very artistic. I also had picked up this magazine kit, because I loved the look of it. (After making this card, I think I’ll still keep the cross stitch kit …it’s cute, and scrap most of the Authentique paper.)

To make this card, I took a sheet of the paper, spritzed it with water and embossed it. Love the fabric texture it gave the paper. I then cut it into 4 pieces to form the basis for a {BYSHC}Sketch Challenge 29 card style.






I then took another sheet and used a pencil to draw the vertical lines. I used a stitch stamp from 49&Market and stamped along the vertical lines and attached the 4 pieces. I then cut out the sewing frame from cream and Kraft card stock. I stamped the images from the kit, and added green and red ink “stitches” and a little shading to the tree. I stamped another sentiment from the kit, clear embossed it and added backing from the scraps. To complete the card, I added a dark green paper with fabric texture, a rustic bow and sequins.


Well, I this one turned out kinda’ cute as I love the cross stitch look. I do love cross stitching even though I haven’t done it in awhile. Well, hope this encourages you to shop your stash! Thanks for stopping buy!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this!! It's beautiful! And those papers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete