Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Falling for the holidays - Vintage Card

 Day 5 in the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party

 So, I had fun putting this card together with paper scraps, dies, stamps and ephemera from my holiday card stash. (I don’t know about you, but I hate to throw away paper.) So, I began by piecing together the background with vintage Paper Studio papers scraps. I then pulled out an older Impression Obsession die, called Christmas Tree, and a vintage textured gold paper. I decided to back the diecut with paper I added white embossed snowflakes and red pen “ornament” dots to. Then I found a winter Tim Holtz paper doll I could combine with the tree and added rosy cheeks.

 I then went to town looking for other embellishments I could add to the card. I found a Joy die from a magazine and used that with the same paper. I found a brad, an old braided ribbon, and other odds and ends. I fussy cut some of the ephemera to fit the card. I used a Unity stamp to add another “No Peeking” embellishment using Unity’s Ticket to Christmas.

I must admit, I do like collages of vintage cards; all the layers and textures!


Join in the fun and link up some pretty holiday cards… and check out all the beauties already submitted! Remember, the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party also has a great list of sponsors and giveaways. See rules in the attached blog post!

Thanks for stopping by… till next time, happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful mixed media style card! I love the vintage image and the pretty braided trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixed media vintage??! Yes, please! I want more!! lol You sure know how to put a perfect card together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your use of scraps on this card and all the vintage pieces! So perfect! Thanks for playing along with the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete