Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Special Birthday Card

 It was time to create a birthday card for a very close, sister, from another mother, friend. I knew I wanted to hand paint a portion of the card, but didn’t have anything in mind. Then, I found an old Petal Lane Bo Bunny printed vellum sheet that had this pretty green and pink design with gold hearts on it. I knew I needed to watercolor a flower and leaves piece that I could combine with it. And so… the rest is history! I watercolored the design shown on the card, inspired by the vellum print.

I die cut papers I had that complemented the watercolored flower and vellum print. I also used tiny hearts from Unity’s Heart Flutter kit with gold embossing powder to mimic the design on the vellum. I gold embossed the sentiment using Unity’s Wayward Florals kit.

To complete the card, I added a matching bow and gold heart crystals. Hope she likes this card and it cheers her up as the day before her birthday, her husband goes in for open heart surgery. My heart goes out to her and her husband and here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

Well, enough for now, till next time… take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

1 comment: