Saturday, February 5, 2022

Friends of Unity February Blog Hop

 Welcome back to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! Our theme this month - a card sketch, which I took a little license with! Hopefully… my cards pass the sketch test! 

Before I start, I wanted to congratulate Karen Ladd on winning some of my Unity goodies from last month’s post! Please PM me your address so I can forward out a small package in the next week or so! And thanks again for stopping by last month… I so appreciate the comments!

Remember to comment on each blog in the hop for a chance at winning goodies this month from others in the group!

I started the first card by stamping a background stamp from Unity’s Life is a Celebration KOM on watercolor paper with distressed inks. I then proceeded to add Pink Magical powder to the paper and spritzing it with water. I also sprayed the paper with a Tattered Angels fuchsia mist. After drying the paper, I white embossed the floral heart from Unity’s I Feel Love KOM in several places. I then added color to the flowers and accentuated the branches using a mixture of TCM powder watercolors, in Merlot and Purple, and a Brea Reese Red ink. I also enhanced the bands from the background stamp to make the background more interesting. Finally, I used the script stamp from the same kit and white embossed that all over. It’s a bit of a mess, but I still like it. I then cut the paper down, and inked the edges. I backed that with both white and patterned paper from my stash. I covered another strip of the same paper with mini Washi tapes to add the side edge. Finally, I embossed a sentiment from the Love is Grand sentiment kit. I mounted the card front on a violet colored card.

To create the second card, I pulled out the 2 hearts from the same I Feel Love kit. I first embossed the large hearts with the Kitsch Flamingo Oxide ink and embossing powder. I then used a pink Gina K ink with the smaller heart. To create the side band, I embossed the strip stamp from the same sentiment kit from above using the oxide ink and powder. I cut down the papers and added gray pen beaded lines attaching the hearts to the top and added a beaded line on the side strip. I backed all pieces with black paper and mounted then on patterned paper. I then attached the whole card front to a black card. Finally, clear embossed a gray stamped XOXO from Always Been You KOM and created a tag to attach to the card. I added clear hearts all over.

Must admit, now that my craft room is complete, I’m in the process of a huge destash prior to putting all my supplies away. This process has seriously impacted my crafting time…so I am getting rusty. Hopefully, though, I have provided some inspiration to spark your creativity! Thanks for stopping by!

Remember to leave a comment before you head on off to these creative friends’ posts — 

You may have gotten here from:

Kim’s Post

Next up is:

Amber’s Post

Or, if you prefer, start at the beginning of the hop with:

Crystal’s Post



25 comments:

  1. The first card is so beautiful with the white embossed heart tilted as if it were flowing in a stream. The powders and mists you use are intriguing and I will have to check them out! Your second card is so cool with it in landscape view and the heart embellishments add a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Joyce! I love that you turned the sketch... works so well with your card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, I love the way you have turned the sketch around, it gives a different look, which I really like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative as always, Joyce, and I love your signature colours of rose and brown together. Such pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card is my favorite. I love red and purple! Amanda Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so incredibly creative! It always inspires me to add more to my creations! (although I rarely do) Such beautiful color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards!! Love the heart gems. I have a few left and went looking for more and didn't find any ... yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous and I like the way you turned the sketch on its side. The background on your first card is so beautifully done and a great combination of textures and colors. Thank you so much for picking my name out of the hat as your winner. I am trying to find an email address to contact you, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I hope you can contact me instead at kladd94803 at aol dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! The 1st heart is flowing and lovely with soft organic movement that kinda looks like leaves too, perfect for the sentiment. What fun that you turned it on its side, really pretty interpretation. Hey, congrats on completing your craft room, that must feel wonderful to know where everything is annnnd in its place too. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your cards are
    just gorgeous! Love
    the colors.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Joyce, I never would of thought to stamp that heart multiple times but it looks amazing. Exciting that you've been redoing your craft room. You'll have lots of prizes for future Friends of Unity hops!!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always a pleasure seeing your creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you flipped the layout from the sketch! I also love how these are all festive for Valentines Day! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cards! I love the collage feel and beautiful colors on #1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the techniques used on your cards. These are stunning!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty and sweet cards. Great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, SO darn beautiful! I love the different shades of pink and the water colored effect on your first card, and the sweet hearts on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like both of your cards, but that first one is gorgeous! You definitely shared some wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely beautiful cards. I LOVE the first one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning cards! I love the colors, layers, and patterns you used on both cards. And turned the sketch sideways was very inspirational! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty Valentine ideas! Love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete