Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Growing in Unity - Day 3

Wow, half way mark in my GIU week! Remember to comment on each day for a chance at winning Unity stamps!

Today, I wanted to create a card for a very old acquaintance that lives across the country. So, I pulled out 2 kits for this one. I used the image from Unity’s sentiment kit,  ...aging gorgeously. However, I chose the sentiment from Simply Blessed.

I again used my watercolor paper and the Distress ink I’d been using all week. This time I used color inspiration and paper from Mintay, the Homemade collection. As you can tell, besides having a beloved Unity stamp collection, I also have a fetish for beautiful paper!

So, I chose peaches and cool browns for this image. After painting it, I cut it down and backed it with a cool brown. I used on A6 card size on this one as well. I cut down a sheet of the Mintay paper and backed that as well with the brown paper. I found a peach toned scrap paper and used Brown Nuvo embossing powder for the sentiment.


To complete the card, I added soft peach and white gold flecked Prima crystals and a peach ribbon. I will be adding more Mintay paper and another Unity sentiment to the inside of the card before it’s done. But, all in all, I think it turned out pretty nice.

I hope you are enjoying my endeavors this week. Thanks for stopping by. If you are interested in my style, add your email address for posts to be mailed to you, or just click follow. Until tomorrow, happy crafting!

34 comments:

  1. Your acquaintance is blessed to remembered with this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring! Love the card design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the colors you chose! I am just getting started with water colors so it is fun to see your work!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So shabby chic pretty! Love this beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Your watercoloring is just perfect, and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The floral stamp is so beautiful and I love the colors you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could paint as beautifully. I’m inspired to practice more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a fetish for pretty paper and love how you keep finding the perfect stamps to go with your paper, then color them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy beautiful! Your watercoloring is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning card. Really enjoying your watercoloring! I love the way you pick paper first, then watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This is just beautiful!! I love the paper, and your watercoloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is amazing!!! Love your watercoloring, and the card came out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is magnificent!!! I love the softness of the colors & I too have an affinity for beautiful papers! It’s so sweet to send such a heartfelt card to someone you miss! I have to send a few myself! Your acquaintance is sure to feel blessed! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is STUNNING! Lucky lucky lucky acquaintance!!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  16. As soon as I saw the card, I knew you created it! Your papers are stunning and your designs, watercoloring are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous card matched up with such pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous looking card! Your watercoloring skills are just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card! I love the colors and your watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are absolutely stunning! I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is absolutely beautiful! I love following your creativity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a blessing your friend will receive across the miles! A simply stunning card!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the peach and brown color scheme. The sentiment is great and your coloring is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyce you never disappoint and I love your work. Here’s my email joannevferguson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your watercoloring is amazing. And you what a great job of mix and match with the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just Beautiful! Love your coloring and color choice!

    ReplyDelete