Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Growing in Unity - Day 2

Welcome back to another day of my GIU week. Well, somehow, not sure about you, but my Whit Kits have been piling up unused. So, today I have used another stamp set from a Whit Kit, July’s Friends are like Flowers. Love this stamp set... so pretty. 

So, again I stamped the image onto watercolor paper again using Distress Antique Linen ink. This time I decided to match the colors with a pretty Lemoncraft paper pad, called Silence, by using combinations of blue, green and a cool red.



After I finished painting, I pulled out a WinsorNewton White Gouache, and tried to lighten up some areas. I then die cut a frame for the watercolored image out of the papers. I painted a pink wash into the background and then spattered blue/green and red watercolors, the white gouache and silver Perfect Pearls over the image.

I ended up using an A6 size card base, added a ribbon, and used another paper from the pad as a background. I stamped the sentiment and cut it in half, backing the 2 pieces with coordinating scrap paper. I then added a butterfly embellishment, fussy cut from the pad, and Nuvo drops again. 



My watercolor skills are definitely still a work in progress, but I’m trying hard to love myself in spite of it! Hope you do the same and that you like this card. Come back and visit tomorrow please, for Day 3 of my week! Till then, happy crafting!




 


43 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Your watercoloring skills are pretty awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty card. thanks for sharing
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic. Officially changing your title from Jedi Master to Wizard of the First Order ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your colors and paper choices, I just got "Friends are like Flowers" in the mail but haven't used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I hope this kit is still available. I'm sure I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercolor skills are superb Joyce we can all learn so much from you! Beautiful card again perfectly matched to your gorgeous paper.
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful. I love the colors of the flowers. I think your watercolors look great!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercoloring looks pretty good to me! I love that Whit Kit and have used this image for lots of different cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card and love the soft green and pink colors together. Your watercolor skills are amazing. The layers are great too ❤️Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your water coloring skills are true perfection! You are truly a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. Love your no-line watercoloring and the pretty colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you matched the colors to the paper! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style. This is stunning. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovel! Your watercoloring is beautiful. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your watercoloring is beautiful!! Absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you watercolored the flowers! The colors you used are beautiful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card! Your watercolor is amazing! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your water coloring skills are spot on! The other thing you do so well are the color choices you make. You push the boundaries that most of us wouldn't dare to come close to. The end result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Wonderful coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your water coloring is so good and especially the no-line. I have such a hard time with that technique, but will keep trying so I can do half the job you do. I just love how you match your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooo beautiful!! This stamp is on It's way to me, and I will definately look back to your beautiful card for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card, your colouring is so good

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your watercolor skills are amazing! I have none and just got my first Daniel Smith set. I have no idea what I’m doing. LOL!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! I don't watercolor so I love to see what can be created. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty! Your artistic talent never ceases to amaze. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colors you chose, it looks a little vintage to me which I love

    ReplyDelete
  28. This color combination is inspired!

    ReplyDelete