Hello… welcome back to our Friends of Unity blog hop. We have a special theme this month:
I have, that I recall, never made a breast cancer card, even though I know, 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with it. And, I have special friends and relatives that have been challenged by this disease. So, I took the opportunity to use a very, very old retired membership kit called Faith, Hope, Love… Live By It. Funny… looking through their store, there are kits available from that year that are still very cute. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. It’s too bad as it’s very cancer oriented.
I made this card using 5 stamps from the kit - 3 sentiments, a circle background and a ribbon strip. I used a combo of pink, gold metallic and brown embossing powders on brown and several pink patterned papers. I used a variety of circle dies on the stamped images and shiny gold sparkle and metallic papers. I used corner dies from Elizabeth Craft Co. The background papers include a sparkly pink paper, a sparkly white paper underneath that one and a plain brown cardstock paper. I love the combo of pink and brown.
I hope this works as a card for a special tough situation. Having never made a “circle” card.. it was challenging to line up colors, patterns and a design that I considered somewhat cohesive. What do you think? Comment below (with your name) for a chance at winning some Unity goodies from me!
Speaking of winning… I’d like to congratulate
Ida
on winning a package from me from last month’s hop. Please text me you address, Ida, to claim your package and, thank you for the kind words!
Now on to the rest of the hop:
You may have come here from
You can continue on with
Or, start from the top with
Ohhhh... I love circles!! Fantastic card, Joyce!! Love, love, love the layers and all the details. Just perfectly balanced and fabulous! TFS!
ReplyDelete