Thursday, December 10, 2020

Power Poppy Fully Stocked Card

Picked up Power Poppy’s Fully Stocked Clear stamp set last year (only available in these digital forms this year). It is so freaking cute and fun to watercolor. Because I wanted to preserve the image lines, this time I used gray archival ink to stamp the images onto watercolor paper. I used my Schmincke's watercolors and tried to stick to just a gold/green/red palette. When I was done, I used some pens and pencils to differentiate shadows and lines a bit.



I fussy cut out the stockings. Knowing they couldn't all fit on a smaller card size, I decided to try making a slim line card with them. I had cut out an image from a holiday magazine last year. I thought I could use it as background paper or in journaling, but then decided I could use it as a backdrop for this Kraft slim line card. (I had cut down and folded Kraft paper to make the card base/.)





To highlight the images, I used circle dies on Kraft card stock and paper from Moda Scrap, Suditrol. I stamped the sentiment from the kit on white paper. I added color to make it blend into the background with pens and pencils and added some needles from another stamp in the kit. I die cut another circle, backing that with Kraft paper too. 

Busy card, but I had so much fun coloring these cute images.

No comments:

Post a Comment