Monday, November 9, 2020

First Unity November SMAK Card

When I saw the background twig stamp in Unity’s Peace in Your Soul November 2020 Kit, I saw snow-kissed ground, with wisps of branches peeking out, looking down from above. I decided it might look great with a sentiment from the same kit and the deer from the Be Very Merry, September 2019 SMAK Kit.

I started this card by first sprinkling Stargazer Primary Elements Pigment on a card and spritzing with water. Once dried I stamped the twig stamp in gray archival ink all over. I then sprayed Iced Spruce and Speckled Egg oxide sprays onto a mat and dipped a bit of bubble wrap in the wrap in the mix and made small splotches of the mixture all over. I then stamped the deer in dark brown ink and used a white pen to whiten the areas of the image.

I next turned to silver, teal and white embossing powders to add a bunch of snowflakes from the kit. I used Prismacolor pencils to add the impression of a shadow. I embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder on a piece of patterned paper and used another patterned piece from the same collection as a foundation layer on a dark brown card base. I backed each layer with dark brown paper and added another patterned paper inside the card. To complete the card, I added a sheer snowflake ribbon and brown crystals.





Can’t wait to try out other stamps from the kit! Till next time, happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card! The background is Fabulous and the little dear is Adorable! What ink did you use for the dear? Such great coverage. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I used Ground Espresso embossing powder. Only way to get good coverage!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Your work is so unique, this card made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Yes, I walk to my own drumbeat... for good or bad! :)

      Delete