Thursday, November 12, 2020

Simple Joys Holiday Card

My first Slim Line Card...wow! Took awhile, didn’t it? (Little slower to catch on!) I pulled out my Holiday scraps from last year and remembered I had cut up a Daphne’s Diary magazine last Christmas! I had fallen in love with many of the images and saved them for art journaling or whatever. I noticed many of the pieces were long and slender and I immediately thought, well, perhaps I could try the new fad with one of them. I also found a very pretty glitter paper from DCWV that I thought a perfect green for holiday cards. 

So, after pairing the pink scrap from the mag and the glitter paper, I looked for a good size image I could use from Unity. I decided to use an image and sentiment from the Elements of the Holiday KOTM from September of this year.

I began by stamping the image using Ink On 3’s Fadeout NoLine Coloring Detail ink on watercolor paper. I then watercolored the image using my Schmincke watercolors, trying to match colors to the papers. After I completed the watercolor, I turned to my Prismacolor pencils to enhance the colors. I then used a combo of pencils and pens to add a little more detail. Once satisfied it was good enough, I fussy cut out the poinsettia’s vase. Placing dots of glue on the image, I added old Sprinkle and Sparkle matching green glitter to the petals.




I then found a few useful dies I could use to help frame the card, a Wild Rose Studio corner piece and a mitten set with a pine branch from Penny Black. I embossed the sentiment using a very pretty Nuvo green powder. I framed it with a red patterned paper scrap I thought would match using a Memory Box frame die.



I created the card base using a metallic card stock from Neenah, I picked up on sale. Framed the pretty pink paper with the glitter paper. I’ll be pairing this with a pink Simon Says Stamp envelope, I picked up on sale as well! This was a fun change and I think this one will be given to a special family member!


Well, on to the next adventure... till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment