Friday, October 16, 2020

Unity’s October SMAK + Ciao Bella Paper

 Oh my, My October SMAK, The Best Memories finally came in! I was drawn to both wreaths but I ended up stamping out the smaller one using an old Stampin Up Taupe ink on scrap pale beige paper. To see what I could do with it, I pulled out Spectrum Noir Metallic Pens and started adding brown, gold, copper and silver inks to the petals. Liking the look, I then used the brown pen and a black pen to embellish the stems and leaves more.

Okay... Well, I ended up loving how it turned out! Now I had to figure out what to do with it. I recently picked up Ciao Bella’s Sound of Winter, and thought the colors were complementary. So I picked a snowy background paper out and stamped the smaller snowflake from the kit using Distress Weathered Wood and Wow Sea Salt powders. After deciding on the sentiment I would use, I then fussy cut pinecone clusters, a lamp and squirrel from the paper to place around the wreath. I lifted the lantern and and a larger cluster with foam tape. Needing more embellishments, I decided to add Nuvo droplets around the wreath, in a wedgewood color, a silver and a whitish/blue clear sparkly mix. I also added Liquid Pearl drops in Rose Gold.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment twice on paper from the pack using one of the blue powders and then a Brutus Monroe Espresso color. There’s a blue halo effect around the letters, some from smudging, others deliberate, that I’m fine with! I also did a little snowflake stamping around the sentiment too. I then tore it and inked the edges with distress oxide inks. To complete the card I added a little paper burlap hand cut out.


I love how this card turned out... so different from the normal. And perfect for the times we are in! Hope you enjoyed this different approach! Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment