Monday, October 12, 2020

Autumn Leaves Card

Hello again! Been busy making ATCs and sample entries for Unity’s Show & Tell monthly Challenge which I am hosting the next 3 months. (‘How to’s’ on my entries submitted there will be documented on a Unity Stamp Co’s blog.

The inspiration for this card came from my new Stencil Girl, Turkish Wedged Stones stencil, my 2 Tim Holtz color collections, Crackling Campfire and Speckled Egg, and Unity’s August KOM, Count Your Blessings. The TH color collections include all line products, embossing powders, inks, sprays and paints.

I had a lot of fun using the paints, inks and embossing powders from both Tim Holtz’s color collections. I’ve been watching mixed media videos about using stencils. So, using what I learned, I added paint through the stencil onto watercolor paper with a makeup sponge. After cleaning the front of the stencil, I turned it over and added paint to the back of the stencil before turning it over and lining it up and pressing down on the already stenciled paper. Pretty cool technique as it fills color back into the untouched white areas. I loved the stone colors created with these 2 colors. To differentiate the stones and add dimension, when dry,  I added grayish brown paint and pens. I also applied a little white paint with a spatula over the stone areas. Loved the textured look it ended up creating. 

Next I turned to the leaf from the kit. I pulled out the matching embossing powders, and a brown and orange powder, and ended up sprinkling the powders over the inked leaves. I also spattered oxide ink over them and fussy cut them out. I stamped a random sentiment from another kit and backed that up. 

To pull the Kraft mounted card together, I added a gray strip of corrugated paper, teal ribbon and coordinating enamel dots. 


Hope you get a little inspiration from this one! Till next time, happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment