Wednesday, September 23, 2020

August Unity ATCs

Had fun creating these August ATC’s!

Starting with the Know You Are Strong Kit and Unity paper from Whitney’s Have Courage Kit, I found the perfect Washi tape to pair with both. The basewas easy to put together as I just adhered strips of paper and Washi tape on cut up ATC’s and stamped the sentiment on a smaller paper. I then added horizontal watercolor drips to the sentiment paper in matching colors. I embossed the small feather from the kit using leftover paper from the first step using white, purple and teal embossing powders. I fussy cut them out and adhered everything together.


Keeping to a purple theme, I started the second ATC set with the fantastic Life is Better With Friends Kit. I decided to start with a base of patterned paper. It was a 12 x 12 sheet I cut down and added white gesso to... using a heavier hand toward the center. I wanted the pattern to show through on the edges. I stamped and embossed the image toward the left using purple and dark silver powders and used a combination of acrylic paints to loosely add color to it. I then used another stamp to add magenta to the side and top. Finally, I embossed the sentiment in purple and a dark silver. I added a violet rick rack ribbon to the bottom.



As usual, loving using ATCs to experiment with. This time I tried painting with acrylics (need a lot more practice and lessons), tried out the Crafters Companion purple embossing powder I picked up discounted and practiced creating drips. Hope they turned out okay and my crafty friends liked them, despite learning curves! Well, till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment