Thursday, July 23, 2020

Unity 7/20 SMAK Kit Feather Card

Created this sparkly card using a variety of products: Primary Elements pigment, WOW Bahama embossing powder, Memento inks, Gansai Tambi and Daniel Smith metallic watercolors, 2 ribbons and crystals. The stamps used are part of the July 2020 Unity SMAK kit, Protect the Ones You Love!


I created both papers and softened them by distressing the sides and inking them up in contrasting colors. The top layer was created by sprinkling the paper with pigment and spritzing it. I then embossed the feather and sentiment using sparkly powder and added details with other products. The bottom layer was created by sponging on ink and then dipping it onto a craft mat loaded with watered down inks and pigment. I added paint spatters to the top with blue and white paints.


The card turned out very shiny and sparkly with light colored effects, pretty in person. The sentiment supports my constant urge to try new combinations of style, products and techniques! I find I need constant change to stimulate my creativity!


Well, on to the next one... happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment