Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Know You Are Strong Card

So, I’ve been absent a bit, this time, because I’ve been invaded by my son’s family, including his 2 cats, a dog, a turtle, and a chinchilla! A temporary situation while they sell their place and buy a new house. And I’ve been adjusting to the schedule of my 21 month grandson! I finally took the opportunity of nap time to create card. I used Unity’s Uniquely Unity Kit, Know You’re Strong. I also used paper from Unity’s Whit Kit, Have Courage, called Watercolor Stripes

I started by inking up the stamp with Ink On3’s Fadeout No Line ink and stamping it on a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper. Since it’s been a while, I decided to try my hand at something new. I colored the image using Spectrum Noir AquaBlend watercolor pencils. I just grabbed a couple limited sets and used colors at hand. I knew I wanted to start prepping for ‘fallish’colors. Overall, I think it turned out okay, given little experience with pencils and, this set, in particular.

I decided to spruce it up by using a combination of watercolor papers to bring out the colors. I further defined the edges of the paper with Love From Lizi sticky border strips. I added the sentiment using both black and brown inks for a softer look. Finally, I added sticky dots for accent.


Well, now that I know I can get a card done during nap time, I plan on taking advantage of this time some more. Till next time, happy crafty! Stay safe everyone!


1 comment: