Friday, April 10, 2020

Well Hello There Card

Wanted to try my new I Shall Not Want Kit from Unity Stamp Co. today! I stamped the image on Spectrum Noir Watercolor paper for a change using my InkOn 3 No Line Fade Out ink. I watercolored the image using my Schmincke watercolors and then added Prismacolor pencils and pens to delineate lines and deepen color. I then fussy cut the image out and checked out some patterned papers to coordinate with the image.

You may wonder why I don’t just stamp the image in black and be done with it. Well, I like the option of using shades of color to differentiate the image and, if needed, I add my own colored lines back in. I’ve always liked pen and ink drawings with color, and this technique reminds me of that style.


From this point on, I simply pulled the card together using some of the papers, a sentiment from the Well Hello There Kit, enamel dots and black Peel Off Stickers from Love From Lizi. I videoed my efforts again, for those of you who like watching watercoloring.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are all taking care of yourselves, in whatever manner you need to survive these trying times. My heart goes out to those significantly impacted.

I’ve attached my video below. As always, if you click on the YouTube word, you’ll be redirected to YouTube for better viewing. Take care and stay safe!


4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed watching you build up all those layers! Beautifully done Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vanessa! So glad the video helps to explain the process!

      Delete