Saturday, April 4, 2020

Like a Lotus Card

Hello, time to get back to crafting! Unfortunately, I couldn’t participate in the Friends of Unity Blog Hop this month for a variety of reasons, the most recent being flu like symptoms this week (fever, headache, ...) from a shingles shot which knocked me down! But I’m all better now and eager to craft again! So, I started by pulling out a beautiful new kit from Unity, called Like a Lotus, and a Moda Scrap paper pack, called Spring Flowers. I began by stamping the image onto Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper. I mixed colors to match the paper and started painting. I included the link to the painting video below. As an aside, I have to admit, the quality of paper, brushes and paints used do matter to learners like me!


So, after I completed painting the image, I selected some Prismacolor pencils that match the colors of the paper and die cut all the papers. I used the pencils to deepen the shadows and add a little more vibrancy to the image. Once done, I used white gel pen to lighten the tips of the flowers and a dark green to deepen the lines in the leaves. I then spattered the red and green paint paint all over the image. I mixed white gouache and white Perfect Pearls powder with water and spattered that.

To complete the card, I stamped the sentiment with a combination of blue and black inks and added enamel dots and a sticky shiny trim.


Hope you like this card and enjoy the video - remember to click on the YouTube word, which will take you to YouTube to see a larger image of the video. Remember to subscribe if you are interested in following my journey.

Take care, stay at home, try to take time to relax and destress, and, if you can, craft your time away. A better day is coming!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! So therapeutic to watch you watercolor! Cannot wait to get my lotus stamp out tomorrow and watercolor it. I'm still learning!! ❤️ Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m glad you get some benefit from watching the video! If you post, tag me ;-) !

      Delete