Sunday, March 22, 2020

Cafe Delights Card

Well, continuing with my watercolor phase that I’m in right now, I had the not so bright idea to watercolor the image in Unity’s Cafe Delights stamp kit! Not that it can’t be done, but it’s a busy beautifully detailed stamp. Took me 4 days to finish it and quite a few hours! The videos I pieced together were sped up 7 times. (Search for Joyciel Creations in YouTube for better viewing or click on the YouTube icon under the video below).

I started by stamping the image using Fadeout No Line Coloring Detail ink on Arches Cold Pressed watercolor paper. I then used my Schmincke watercolors to paint the image. I left off the clouds from the stamp image and added my own background trees. I also used a variety of pens to add small details. When I was completed I made card frames from patterned paper on top and a Kraft layer underneath.

I stamped a sentiment from Unity’s Naturally Beautiful Kit that I thought appropriate for the current situation. We will survive and thrive again and enjoy our outings... maybe even cherish them, more than before!


If anyone needs this card for that assurance, let me know. Meanwhile, stay safe and take a crafting staycation!

Now, for the video!





2 comments:

  1. Love your card and thanks for sharing that video.
    Stay safe and heathy.

    ReplyDelete