Sunday, April 19, 2020

Change is Coming and Unicorn Cards

Forced myself to make a couple cards today.... getting rusty.

My first was using Unity’s Beautiful Unicorn. For this card, I just stamped the unicorn using InkOn3’s No Line Fadeout Ink. I then used my Prismacolor pencils to color the image. I used patterned and glitter paper and a glittered card base to back the unicorn. I also die cut a circle and embossed a pattern from the Choose a Happy Heart SMAK kit using Gunmetal powder. I used the same powder to emboss a sentiment from the kit. I added gray crystals and white ribbon to complete the card.


For the second card, I used a butterfly and a lace image from Unity’s Magic Of Beginnings 1/15 KOM Kit. The sentiment came from a brand new Unity Kit called Forest Butterfly. My crafty friends were recently chatting about Gelli plates and it reminded me I had some leftover acrylic prints from my GIU week. I described the process in my Growing in Unity Day One post. Here’s the products I used and the prints created.


I picked a relatively uniform print as the backing for the butterfly. I stamped the butterfly in multiple inks to match the colors in the print. I then used my Schmincke's watercolors to add tones to the wings. I also ended up using gray, green and silver pens and a silver pencil to add dimension to the butterfly. I stamped the lace using a Momenta ink and fussy cut it out. I added green ribbon, strips of dark gray paper, gray crystals and called this one done.



Felt good to get back to crafting with these unconventional cards. Hope you are all doing well! Take care and get your crafting on!

2 comments: