Sunday, March 1, 2020

March 2020 SMAK Kit 1

Loving the March 2020 Unity SMAK kit, called Growth is a Process! So many great images and sentiments, making it perfect for a variety of endeavors including mixed media and regular cards. Had a chance to start playing with it, as a new design team member, and decided a tag was calling me!

I used distress oxides in Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany combined with a Perfect Pearls water mixture to add color to the tag. I used 2 stencils, a diamond and a rose flower stencil, and several of the oxides, plus a white gesso, to add patterns and texture to the tag.


I decided to use the flower urn from the kit and collage flowers into it. I found the perfect flowers in Unity’s Pink and Blue Watercolor paper pack and fussy cut a few flowers and leaves out of the paper. On a separate sheet, I added watercolor to the urn and fussy cut that out.

Once the tag was dry, I first added torn bits from the same paper pack to the background using gel medium. I then added the urn and flowers, again using gel medium. Finally, after adding the sentiment and postage images from the SMAK kit onto tissue paper, I adhered those onto the tag as well using gel medium.

To complete the tag, I used charcoal pencil to outline everything, white gel pen on the sentiment, and Ground Espresso oxide on the edges. I added ribbon and a silver charm bug and called the tag done!


I am so pleased with how this turned out; just loving Unity’s SMAK kits. What’s fun about being a member is the ability to use past kits to complement new. SMAK kits offer so many wonderful background images to take advantage of and with a membership, you can easily pick up any past kit for half the price! A great deal!

Here’s hoping you have a great week! Be sure to check out all of Unity’s wonderful March membership kits! Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you're on the design team! Congratulations Joyce you were a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete