Monday, March 2, 2020

Powerpoppy Planning for Magnolias Card

Magnolias have started to bloom here in California and as I was passing by a shrub yesterday, I remembered I picked up the Powerpoppy Planning for Magnolias stamp set (which also comes in a digital format) recently. So, I stamped out the image using InkOn 3 Fadeout Noline ink onto Bee watercolor paper, set up my waters, my Schmincke paints, my iPhone for recording and proceeded to watercolor the image. I must admit, even with a strong Ott light, it is sometimes difficult for me to clearly make out the image, so at one point, I fetched the black inked image from the acetate packaging to help me. Even then, I sometimes have to make up the image as I go along.

After I was done painting, I pulled out some Prismacolor pencils to even out the brushstrokes as needed in the end. During this process, I smeared a pencil bit across the watercolor paper. You’ll see in the video I tried to lift it with erasers, but that wasn’t happening. I. The end I decided to fussy cut it out. Where white spots were left I ended up adding a soft blue wash to coordinate with the paper I selected.

The paper I selected to use as backing was Kaisercraft’s Rose Avenue paper. Kaisercraft used to make these papers where the image was replicated twice on a 6 1/2” x 6 1/2” page. I took one of those images and decided I could have this branch be a continuation of the flowers on the left. I used another paper as the base foundation and added silver sticky strips to frame the papers. I stamped the sentiment out and backed it with sparkly silver paper, added enamel dots and called the card done.







To me, this is a very traditional card with soft colors. As usual, I loved painting this very detailed pretty stamp by Powerpoppy. Although it’s perfect timing for me, I hope this card reminds you that Spring is just around the corner!

As usual, I’ve appended the video at the end or you can just do a search for Joyce Verdon in Youtube.  It runs about 13 minutes and 2 of those are adding pencil and a little pen at the end. Subscribe by adding your email or hitting the follow button to the right. And be sure to give my videos likes if you want me to continue recording them. Thanks and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment