Sunday, January 5, 2020

Magnolia Way Cards

This paper pack, DCWV Magnolia Way, is just a stunner of colors! The card stock is unusual in that it is shiny, but so beautiful that I couldn’t resist it, at Tuesday Morning! Yesterday, I decided I wanted to make something with it. There’s actually a couple of sheets that have 4 6x6 squares on it that I cut up (one of the cards is laying on those sheets). I used 2 of those, plus a third in making these 2 cards along with Unity stamps.

So, first off, I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper and the You Are My Person Kit. I experimented with this kit once on cheap watercolor paper before starting to make this card. All of the stamping was accomplished using multiple oxide inks. I then began adding color using those same inks and some additional Gansai Tambi watercolors and freehand leaves. I then distressed the edges and used a brown pen to further delineate the shadows and add a little more texture. I spattered paint all over and added the sentiment. Finally, I found some Tim Holtz bird ephemera I thought would go. I distressed  a variety of background papers, and included the blue green paper from the kit. Finally, I added a Tim Holtz saying, a button and some string to complete the card. I had to work a little to get this one to come together enough to say it’s good enough! I admit it’s different! (PS note the Unity hood!)



The second card coloring was inspired by the flowers that I cut up and included on the card. All of the paper came from the kit. I stamped the image from Wild Florals using Antique Linen distress ink on Arches watercolor paper. I then used my Schmincke watercolors to coordinate with the colors in the paper. I also used some pencils. I used a Kat Scrappiness square die and a square card base in a coordinating color (that I really want use up) to create the card design. I cut up a striped paper for the larger background. I pieced together 2 of the papers and die cut that for the top background and fussy cut the butterfly and flowers on the side. Finally, I embossed the sentiment using 2 powders to get the right color and added ribbon and shiny yellow enamel dots and called this one done. Another one off unusual card, I know!



Yesterday was a bit of an off day for me, but we all have those, so I freely admit it! As I was saying to my crafty friends... I let the inner child free! And this is what happens... there I go off the beaten path...

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great week! Subscribe if you’re interested in walking my path with me! Till, next time, happy crafting!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a great die! Thank you so much, Melinda.....

      Delete
  2. love the rich colors in the first card. Its all about the addition of embellishments to complete a card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! That can dress up a somewhat plain card and make it great! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful, a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the bird card - it should be framed! It's too pretty to give away! LOL

    ReplyDelete