Thursday, January 9, 2020

Blooming Peonies Card

Had an urge to use Primary Elements pigment inks today with Unity’s large Blooming Peonies stamp.  I used Bristol paper and brown archival ink to ensure I stamped the whole image. I then embossed it with Ranger’s Liquid Platinum powder. I then wet the paper and added Guatemalan Green pigment in background spots, spraying with water to move the pigment around. I also added Ginger and Olive pigment was well and then dried the paper. Finally, I stamped Fossilized Amber oxide ink on my mat and painted this onto the paper as well.

I pulled out orange and yellow Brea Reese Glitter inks and added color to the peonies. I used the Primary Elements pigments to add color to the leaves. Finally, I added white acrylic paint to the flowers and leaves to lighten a little and added white paint spatter as well.


After die cutting the paper, I used coordinating green and black paper to add layers. I embossed the sentiment on black paper using a Buttercup Ranger powder. I added the fussy cut sentiment, a yellow ribbon and matching crystals.

I must say, this card turned out pretty sparkly and was a nice break from decluttering my house. Been getting mentally overwhelmed with clutter, so decided it’s time to use a little Marie Kondo advice. Now,  back to sorting and cleaning up! Even my craft areas will end up getting thinned out when I get to them.


Well, till next time, happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I do like the way you have embossed the sentiment! Everything is a great match to each other! So elegant!
    I'm one of your follower now, and looking foreward to see what will be the next from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I’m so glad you are taking this journey with me! I hope I don’t disappoint!

      Delete