Sunday, December 15, 2019

Growing in Unity Blog Hop

To wrap up my Growing In Unity (GIU) week, I’m joining in with the talented September and October Growing in Unity crafters to showcase one final card! And, of course, for me, it just had to be a Christmas card! Be sure to leave a comment before you go!


This time, I used the 9/19 KOTM, All Kinds of Holiday Love Kit. Inspired by the paper in the background (from a Love from Lizi Kit), I decided to try stamping the image on a dark blue coordinating paper. I used Gina K Designs white embossing powder. I then added a little white and gold watercolor using my Gansai Tambi watercolor set. I die cut the image, and backed it with another die cut of a paler shade of blue. I cut another strip of patterned paper for interest. I stamped the sentiment from the World of Christmas kit on more blue paper and embossed it with a Zinc gold embossing powder. To complete the card, I added a paper strip, a bow, gold crystals, and a Jen Hadfield wood chip that I had added colored chalk marker to and called the card done.



This is my version of a more masculine card. Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance at one of 2 prize packs! Now on to the hop:

Tammy Huber Murphy
You are  here >>> Joyce Verdon
Shanna Slater
Edelmira Rivera
Sharon Duff
Tried Julie Berg
Annie Sterner
Renee Moran


33 comments:

  1. I am loving the white embossing on the blue. Looks like a very winter cold scene but the house is so cozy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image. That wooden embellishment is the perfect accent! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the white embossing and the touch of gold! The wood chip is a great addition to your card. Wonderful masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card - love the blues and the house. KOTM stamps are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing! I love your design and masculine ideas. Thank you for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue and brown combination! Lovely card Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Joyce, love the image being white, very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful scene! I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! The white in blue is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That scene done in blue is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with this peaceful scene. I like the addition of the deer head.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely color palette!!! Soooooo serene! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those colors and the masculine theme.

    ReplyDelete