Monday, December 16, 2019

Garden Party Challenge - Lesia Zgharda and Unity

Been itching to try my hand at the latest Instagram Garden Party Challenge #12. I also wanted to try stamping my new Lesia Zgharda Tree Stamp, again, that I actually had shipped from Ukraine. Just love her unique coloring skills and stamps! The sentiments I used on both these cards were from this same line. Here’s my 1st attempt with this stamp!


I like it but it’s kinda wonky! I stamped the image in green archival ink and watercolored the branches using Gansai Tambi watercolors. I used an embossing pen and a Stampendous Shabby Pink powder that has gold, white and pink flecks in it and a retired patterned paper set.


For the Garden Party Challenge, I began by stamping the tree in Antique Linen Oxide ink. I then watercolored the branches this time using all the paints in the Kuretake Starry Colors set. I then spattered the darkest and lightest paints all over. Next, I masked off the tree and pulled out Unity’s Worn Music Kit, which matched perfectly in delicacy of stamp. I embossed parts of the stamp with a Sara Signature Glistening silver embossing powder and other parts just I just stamped with plain Pumice Stone Oxide ink. Next I added a little definition to the tree with light and dark gray pens.


I pulled out a corrugated paper pad and tore up a gray piece. I smeared TCW Champagne Gold paste over the top and added Brea Rease Metallic Silver paste on the sides. I then decided I wanted to fussy cut one side of the tree paper and layer the corrugated paper behind it. I added Love from Lizi silver strips on each vertical edge.


To put this together I first selected glittery card stock and cut a base layer using DCWV Mercury Glass paper. I made sure both pieces of the tree card were cut to size. I then glued on the left side, then the corrugated paper, and then used glue and foam strips to add the tree part. I used a Tim Holtz Holiday Greens die on a dark gray DCWV Twinkle Glints paper (sparkly) and fussy cut strips to put behind the tree. Finally, I embossed the sentiment on acetate using Gunmetal embossing powder and added gold sparkly dots.




I like how this one turned out better! Well, enough playing for today... happy crafting till next time!

PS I think at least 8 products I used here were from Tuesday Morning! What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment