Thursday, November 14, 2019

Santa Card

Oh my, little rough day today... a mood downer, wrist I broke months ago was aching, no energy... and I was stumped for cards. Watched videos, checked Pinterest and was inspired to check out embossing, in a light color, a joint Brutus Monroe/Unity background stamp, called Christmas Over/Again, using a scrap of white paper. Was going for white or vintage, but ended up stamping it in an Archival pink and using Brutus’s Vintage Sparkle embossing powder on it. Interesting result as it has a cream cast to it, it softened the pink in areas, which I liked. It was too pretty to through away... so next thing... Knowing I needed a baby grandson card, wondered what a snowman would look like with this background.

Christmas Over/Again

Jolly Ol’ Santa

Snow, Snow Cute

So, I then stamped a snowman from Unity’s Snow, Snow Cute Kit using Pumice Stone Oxide ink onto another scrap paper. I used Prismacolor pencils to color the snowman. I used a gray pen to darken the lines a little. I then fussy cut it out. I then stamped a sentiment from the Jolly Ol’ Santa kit using Stormy Sky oxide ink and embossed it with a blue Stampendous ink. I repeated that process with the snowflakes from the snowman kit and fussy cut them out. I used frame dies to create frames around the background and the sentiment. I created a blue cardbase and adhered all elements, using foam tape on the snowman and flakes. I added crystal dots and called it done.


All said and done, it’s not a baby boy’s card, is it? Oh, well, still want to try embossing that background in a lighter color, too... both for another day, I guess! Till next time, happy crafting!


1 comment: