Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Warmest Wishes Card

Well, I just received another Prima paper pad that I’d been waiting to go on sale, Santa Baby. Loving the colors and papers, I decided to combine it with a beautiful Unity stamp that has many components in common, Warmest Wishes. They’re not identical, of course, but it gave me ideas for coloring this beautiful stamp! I ended up pairing it with the sentiment from another wonderful Unity stamp, Winter Bunny Cuddlebug, designed also by Tierra Jackson!

Warmest Wishes

Winter Bunny Cuddlebug


I stamped the wreath onto off white Kraft paper using Pumice Stone Oxide ink. I then pulled Prismacolor pencils best matching the tones of the paper (I knew I wanted to use the paper as the background for this card). I began first adding white to the individual elements and then working around the wreath, in general, before moving on to the next component. You can see in this pic where I picked up my colors. I used a gray, a green and a brown pen to bring some definition to the elements. (I have to admit I needed this coloring exercise/distraction as I was preparing for a common procedure with a very nasty prep requirement that I always get anxious about! I completed that today and the coloring... once I recovered some! Everything went well today btw, but I found my extra heartbeat had returned...  oh well, more is better, right?)


When I was done coloring, I decided to stamp the sentiment in red, and Momenta’s Rhubarb Stalk is a perfect shade for this. I ended up embossing it with a new Brutus Monroe powder, Vintage Sparkle, giving it just a bit of sparkle. I spritzed a little Perfect Pearls Biscotti mixed with water on the paper. I then die cut the panel using a Gina K die and backed it with the Santa Baby paper. I added crystals and ribbon and called thus one done.


Hope you enjoy this card! That wreath stamp is just beautiful and on sale right now along with everything else on Unity’s site! Till next time, happy crafting!

1 comment: