Saturday, November 2, 2019

Coffee Card Number 2

Wasn’t going to make a coffee card today in support of the blog hop, but I received my Christmas/birthday present early... yowser, it’s a 36 half pan Schmincke watercolor set! For the small quick paintings I do, the tubes were too cumbersome, however, I wanted a pro set! And, boy, did they deliver! Love them! Hope I can learn to do them justice!


Anyway, I had already stamped out with Distress Antique Linen, the tea cup from the the lovely Unity set, Tea Cup Floret. I decided I wanted to use this card as either a birthday card or thank you card, so I wanted the colors to be bright. I looked around my paper stash and happened upon a My Mind’s Eye pad, called Splendor. I tried to match the colors as best I could with a new set and began painting. Once finished, I fussy cut the tea cup out.

Unity Tea Cup Floret



To pull the card together I die cut 2 sheets from the pad, stamped the sentiment on another sheet from the pad and cut that down. I raised the tea cup with foam tape, added the sentiment and crystals and called it done. Lately, I’ve been adding spatters to the image, but I think it turned out okay as is. (Let me know if you think I should go back and add white spatters.)



That’s a wrap for today! Happy crafting till next time!

17 comments:

  1. I love the backing papers with pretty coloring on coffee cup, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Your coloring is so pretty, and I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No splatters, this is so beautiful just as it is. How exciting to get new crafty goodies in the mail.....I love new supplies, it's almost a hobby all on it's own, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! Love the image and how you colored it! Thanks for hopping with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card design and your paper choices work so well with the coffee design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning beautiful card. I love the image, layout and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its gorgeous card!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I Love your card. It's so pretty. It would make a beautiful Mother's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just so gorgeous. It has a romantic feel and look! Very nicely done!

    BTW, our challenge this month at A Place To Start is "Caffeinated Tones." I think your project would be a perfect fit! https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place to Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete