Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Fairy Godmother Card - see Read Me First

READ ME FIRST: stop reading here if you are offended by bad language!

I picked up an “After Dark” Kit by Unity called WTF Fairy that I think is perfect for those of us aging... couldn’t resist it! Pretty snarky of me, but WTF (what the fairy ;-) )! I combined this kit with 2 sentiments, one from the Beautiful Birthday Wishes Kit and the other from gossip, hot flashes and crazy Kit! I also used a Tim Holtz die, a rose gold metallic paper and the beautiful Paper Studio Terrace Blooms Kit, which has a lot of rose gold foiling in it.



I paper pieced the girl and used pencils and pens to color the non paper pieced area. I used the Tim Holtz thinlit on the metallic paper, and backed that with another sheet from the pad. I really love how the paper piecing turned out... I did not plan it that way, but the paper design perfectly matches the image. I used the leftover cutouts to decorate the inside of the card... and stamped a scroll from the Growing in Unity Kit. I ended up making her wand as I didn’t think stamping on the metallic paper would work! To complete the card I added pearly dots and ribbon.



This and the next card are going to a very special person who has a great sense of humor even though she is bedridden. Hope she likes it and it makes her smile... it was created with love for her!

On the the next card... happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this!!! permission to copy your scroll die cut idea? ~ It is simply gorgeous!!!! I also REALLY like the inside of your card :)

    ReplyDelete