Saturday, July 13, 2019

Bird and Feather Cards

Been exercising my hand with some cards lately using Unity stamps. The first card’s inspiration was the May Friends of Unity hop with a fruit theme. Wanted to create a cherry based collage card. I had pulled out random stamps I thought would look cute together and stamped some prototypes right before I broke my wrist. I’ve been itching to complete that design. So, since then, I bought a cosmic shimmer powder and I used that along with a red oxide ink to create the background... very shiny! I stamped the images using Stazon inks, inked the edges of that and some ephemera, stamped a cute sentiment, added Washi tape, ribbon, a gold heart and crystals. I did use some glitter inks and pens to enhance the images.

The second card was inspired by the current Resist Emboss Challenge on Unity’s Show and Tell FB page. I used the feather from the July 2019 KOTM. I stamped that using clear embossing powder and added watercolor (from my tubes) to the image. I also added paint spatter and crystals. The sentiment, also embossed, came from the You Will Shine Kit.


These cards have provided me a variety of techniques to exercise both my hands and skills. Not up to par yet... but I’m enjoying playing again! Till next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment