Thursday, April 11, 2019

A Girl and Her Adventures Card

Well, been wanting to participate in the napkin decoupage challenge, so I did! Here it is! I started by tearing off a piece of a napkin I’ve had and loved for years, separating the 3 part ply to get the top layer. I took a Range Distress paper and layered Mod Podge on it and then laid the napkin at a tilt and painted Mod Podge again on the top. I covered the whole panel. I let that dry overnight as I pondered my next step.

After looking through my stash, I decided to use the girl from the April 2019 SMAK kit... she’s perfect and facing in the right direction! I stamped her in brown on a paper from a pad that matched the cream color in the napkin. I took postage marks from the Enjoy the Ride Kit and used blue and brown oxide inks to stamp them around the girl. I took a script stamp from the 6/17 SMAK kit and a black oxide ink to add some pen marks. Finally, to bring in a red color, I used Memento’s Rhubarb Stalk and a dotted stamp from an old KOTM from 6/13. I tore the edges adding black and brown oxides to give it a distressed look. I added color to the image with Prismacolor pencils.

I then used the same red Memento’s ink and a sentiment from A Girl and Her Adventures Kit and stamped that on a paper scrap. I took the Eiffel Tower from the 12/12 KOTM, masked off the words and stamped that over the sentiment in brown ink. I cut that down and distressed the edges.


To finish the card, I added striped twine, a metal Eiffel Tower and gold crystals.


Not sure with everything I added, I still qualify for the card challenge, but I did enjoy putting this together! Hope you have a great weekend! Happy crafting till next time!

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look of this, it’s beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They seemed to go well together!

      Delete