Monday, April 15, 2019

Terrarium Card

Fell in love with the terrarium stamp from Unity’s February 2019 KOTM. I decided I wanted a more vintage feel for the back ground and based the colors on a patterned paper from Kaisercraft’s Scrap Studio pad.



I started by pulling out coordinating distress inks and oxides and a watercolor paper scrap. I stamped my media mat with the Distress inks, spritzed it with a lot of water and laid the paper in it. I touched it down a few more times and then dried it. Next I took oxides and a TCW stencil and added circles, marks and dots. I grabbed a couple of stamps, the hanging lights from the October 2015 SMAK kit and the words from the Giving it All Meaning kit and stamped those using oxides. 




I took the image stamp and first stamped it out with Potting Soil Archival ink. I painted inside the terrariums with white gesso to lighten them up a bit and dried that. I restamped it with brown Stazon ink and added the sentiment. I then mixed a combo of green Brea Reese and clear ArtC glitter inks and Primary Elements to make a light sparkly wash of a muted mint color for the glass parts. I then painted the foliage.



I die cut and backed the image with a brown paper and used another paper from the pad for a card base. I added string and crystals to complete the card. Hope you enjoyed this card. Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing! I definitely learned some new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great explanation. I love the techniques you used to make this card, and the result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete