Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Unity February 2019 KOTM Flower Card

Wanting to try out my new Color Burst paints, I stamped the flower in this kit on watercolor paper. After experimenting with 2 of the colors, I decided to pour them out on my glass media mat and paint the flowers with them using a regular watercolor brush. Since I only had a red/purple selection, I painted the leaves using my Gansai Tambi Set. I painted the flower centers with Brea Reese Yellow Glitter ink and a little distress ink.

I decided to also stamp out Unity’s background kit, Ikat. I used a combo of ink colors...a Magenta MomentoLuxe and a magenta Distress Oxide, which I then clear embossed. For a card panel background, I pulled out a Sizzix 3D folder and embossed a colored paper. I then swiped Distress Picket Fence across the top to make the embossing stand our a little.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the kit using a black archival ink and the Magenta Distress Oxide, which, I again, clear embossed. To complete the card, I cut down the panels, added a brad, coordinating enamel dots, and ribbon.


Was a little rusty creating a card after handling mixed media inks, paints and pens! Hoe you like this one, and, till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments: