Monday, February 25, 2019

February ATC’s

I’ve been offline lately working on some mixed media projects for the upcoming Friends of Unity blog hop! One thing I’ve found with mixed media, if you don’t like something you can keep working it. Problem with that is, hours can easily get consumed by 1 project! Oh well...on to this month’s ATCS.

The first ATC was inspired by a trip to Tuesday Morning, where I found a Heidi Swapp set of acrylic butterflies and some pink tags. The butterflies had patterns of pink flowers, scripts and blue stripes. I ended up, once I stamped and added color, cutting the tags down to ATC size using a die I also found there. I added stripes using an Altenew blue spray and stencil to tags. I turned the stencil over with spray still on the stencil and stamped it onto white watercolor paper. I used that to stamp the butterfly from Unity’s 8/17 KOTM. I then stamped the script from the 11/16 SMAK kit onto the tag. To make the acrylic butterflies stand out, I painted the back with white acrylic paint. I added Washi tape down  the side. I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto vellum. I outlined all pieces using a pink glittery Spectrum Noir watercolor pen. To complete the ATC’s, I added string and ribbons, large crystal dots I picked up in a Brutus Monroe Mystery Box (they are lovely), and regular pinkish crystals.





Because the first ATC was over the top I wanted to have a one layer look on the second. I recently received an order from Joggles, which came wrapped in beautiful silvery tissue wrapping. I desparately wanted to use it. I also had just received my Layers of Life February Unity Kit. I ended up using the mini flower stamp and one of the sentiments. To create this one, I stamped both onto cut down watercolor paper. I then painted it using my Gansai Tambi watercolors to match the colors in the paper. I then tore up pieces of the paper and used an Extreme Glitter ModPodge glue. I then used a Bo Bunny silvery blue paste and a stencil to add some texture. I loved how simple and colorful it turned out.





Well, that’s it for today! Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment