Friday, January 25, 2019

Hello Beautiful Card


Wanted to get inky very bad today, and had an urgency @bout it for some reason. So, I pulled out 3 new Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Unity’s Hello Beautiful Kit and watercolor paper. I also pulled out my spray box (just a cardboard box I keep around for just this purpose). I started by spraying the paper with navy and red sprays. I then pulled out an Art Anthology stencil and used the green spray to add a branch to sit the flower upon. I added some pen strokes to the branches. I then stamped the flower using a navy Gina K ink. I stamped the flower, heart and corner stamps using distress and the navy inks.


I painted the flower using Gansai Tambi watercolors. I also used Art C metallic gold ink, and Posca and other gel pens. I used a Simon Says Stamp die that I received in a mystery box to die cut leaves out of sprayed paper. I added ink and used these to embellish the branch. I spattered some of the red spray around. I also added some drops from the sprays on the sentiment tags and outlined them. Finally, I inked the edges, added interesting Brutus Monroe circles (I also picked up in a mystery box) and cut down the paper to fit an A6 card.


For a random urge, I was so pleased with the result of this mixed media effort that I thought about framing for a minute it before making it into a card. But, it’s still not good enough for that...so back to the drawing board, so to speak!  As usual, my card making inexperience shows through, as I always forget to size the paper to a specific card size. I think I lucked out that I could trim it to fit.


Well, that’s it for today! Have a great weekend and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment