Friday, December 7, 2018

Coffee Lover Hop- Last Card

Found a coffee paper in a 12x12 kit I picked up at Tuesday Morning recently. I really wanted to try my new Concord & 9th Cozy Christmas stamps (of which I bought 2 by mistake. I think there’s a magic age where this starts to happen, I think late 40’s early 50’s. Anyone knows clue me in! Will be putting the 2nd bundle up for sale soon)! Anyway, I then searched for a good coffee cup I thought would match well and happened upon this Unity stamp from the 9/15 KOTM. I like how the paper, the cup and the cozy set all have fabric designs.

To start, I stamped the cup on watercolor paper using a combo of Vicki Boutin blue greens in the bottom and a Beige Simon Says ink on the top. I then pulled out Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch Distress inks. I started by painting the backgrounds around the cup. I then painted the cup, blending inks to keep to the palette colors. I ended up adding a bit of pencil color afterwards and used Spectrum Noir silver and clear glitter inks. I also spattered a little of the colors.

I stamped the sentiments by starting with the word Cozy using Teal Momento ink and a combo of Turquoise and Silver embossing powders. I then lined up the smaller two and using the teal ink and turquoise powder embossed those. I always have a bit of a dilemma, because I never seem to cut the paper large enough to use standard dies. So I had to play a little to get a seam around the paper. I backed that with a gray paper from the pack.

I stamped the stitch pattern using the stamps from the kit using all the inks I already used. I cut that paper down and covered a side of the patterned paper. I used a stitch die on this paper. I also used a Bo Bunny die to create a doily with the same dark gray paper. I mounted everything on a Kraft card base, adding blue ribbon and coordinating sequins. I’ve included a pic of the products used.






22 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous in ever way. I love the cross stitch design and sweater cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna! This was so fun to put together!

      Delete
  2. So pretty, love all the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Joyce. Love the blues...just a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I love the stamps and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was tickled ‘blue’ to get an email notification from your blog this morning with this gorgeous card!! You know I love this!! I just ordered the Cozy Christmas set... thank you for enabling and sharing and most importantly, inspiring me again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad I inspired you! I can’t wait to see how you use the Cozy set! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, this mug is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Winter mug and great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cozy is the right word. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. My granddaughters name is Kosette and we call her Kozy, so when I saw your card I loved it. I need to get that stamp asap so I can make some cards. I just love your designs. Thanks for sharingk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so cute! If you PM me your address, I’ll send you my 2nd Set! You need it!

      Delete