Sunday, December 9, 2018

Hope and Peace Card

Wanted to try creating a scene with the 10/17 SMAK kit from Unity. So far, pretty happy with my first attempt. I also wanted to match up with the Bo Bunny Winter Playground paper pad. If you’ve been following me, you know patterned paper is often a source of inspiration for me. I just can’t stop picking up pretty paper (especially if deeply discounted)!

I started by stamping Stormy Sky and a bit of Iced Spruce Distress inks on a craft mat and dipped the the top 2/3rds of the paper in the ink. I dried and repeated this. I really liked some of the patterns it created. To me, I see mountains in the distance. I then stamped part of the tree stamp in the middle on the left using the Iced Spruce. I then stamped the bottom right the same way. Next time I’ll vary the intensity and brighten up the colors of the closer trees. I embellished the rolling hills a little added a few more trees by hand. I then stamped the fence on the bottom left, by first stamping the brown parts and the the red bird. I ended up embossing the bird to make it stand out. I finally stamped the sentiment in several colors till I settled on a teal Memento ink, and clear embossed it.

To complete the card, I backed both the patterned and watercolored papers with a plain teal green paper. I embellished the card with Washi and sparkly crystals.



Yes, I know, I noticed I seem to be on a blue Christmas kick with my cards this year! Well, hope you enjoy this blue trend for a change! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: