Monday, November 19, 2018

Shine Bright Girls Card

So I just had to use the paper that inspired my last card and decided these paper pieced girls, from Unity’s Shine Bright Girls Kit, would be a perfect complement! And, because, if I’m going to paper piece one wardrobe, might as well make 4 with all the odds and ends. So, I stamped the girls onto 3 pieces of patterned paper from the Amy Design Christmas Wishes paper pack (goes well with the other paper that came from a Tattered Lace magazine pack). I also added a bland red dotted paper from another pack that I thought would blend in. I also stamped the girls onto white cardstock.


I cut up all the pieces of clothing and, yes, my hand is a little achy today. I colored the heads of all the girls with Prismacolor pencils. I then played with my paper dolls till I got the combination of outfits I wanted. I then glued everything on and colored in the gloves with red pen did a little more with pencils. I fussy cut the girls out leaving off the embellishments around the girls. I liked the clean look so I didn’t bother stamping the girls on the winter scene. 


I die cut both the plain red and patterned paper and used more paper to back the winter scenes. I stamped a freebie sentiment in red archival on white and backed with leftover patterned paper. I added a wood like gray background. I then used red/white twine to make a sign and bow and added a variety of embellishments. I attached all to silver cards and called them done! I think these will make nice friend cards. 


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I really love what you did with this card. I just purchased several of the Angiegirl Unity Stamps and have some Copics but I’m not skilled at coloring - I hope to improve over time- but this is a great option for me. I just love the paper that you used and the way you put these together. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, thank you very much! I love to paper piece every once in a while! Goes back to my paperdoll days of youth!

      Delete
  2. I love these cards so much, Joyce! Love the mix of papers you used and I love that you left them ‘clean’ too. Such fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are awesome! Love their outfits I like the idea of her holding a sign...so creative!! I did a streamer background like this for graduation cards.

    ReplyDelete