Saturday, November 17, 2018

Hello Little Birdie Card

When looking to see what Christmas card I would make today, I happened upon a paper design I received from a magazine a year ago and decided since I liked the colors and concept, to make my version. Since I wanted a more silver/white base I pulled out a Spectrum Noir Aqua watercolor paper (closest paper to white) and a bunch of distress inks. I also pulled out a blue and white Perfect Pearls. I stamped the colors I wanted for the background, added Perrfect Pearls powder, spritzed with water and dipped the paper in. Did this several times, drying in between. 


I then stamped the pine leaves, from Unity’s Winter Blessings Kit, using coordinating distress oxides,  layering several colors. I did this 3 times. I then stamped the red part of the bird, from Unity’s Hello Little Birdie Kit, and then the black parts with Archival inks. I took leftover paper and stamped the bird the same way and clear embossed it. I used primarily my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to color the bird. I then fussy cut it out.


I pulled out a silver card base and added coordinating patterned paper. I then die cut the watercolor paper using a Penny Black die and added the second bird using foam tape. I added silver ribbon and red and silver crystals and called the card done. 



I love how this one turned out and the unusual Holiday colors. Hope you do too! Thanks for visiting, and remember to follow me if you like my crafty learning journey! Till next time, have a great week and happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Darlene, thank you very much! This one was fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the quiet tranquil feeling of it. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you! I do too... those colors were a delight to work with.

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love, this beautiful card ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thank you very much! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This card is amazing! I need to quit clicking older post and get off the computer! Each time I click the card is more beautiful then the last!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, so glad you are enjoying yourself! Thank you!

      Delete