Sunday, October 28, 2018

October Unity ACT’s

The first ACT was inspired by both the stamp I received in a swap from the 10/14 KOTM and a paper I found in an autumn paper pad. I started by lightly spraying cut down watercolor papers with a gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a gold Distress spray. I dried and then stamped the image and sentiment included in the swap from the 9/14 KOTM with Archival coffee and potting soil inks. I embossed the sentiment. I also then pulled out Distress and Oxide colors matching the paper, and a yellow and red Brea Reese Glitter inks and painted the leaves and stamp.


I then tied jute string on Ken Oliver metal leaves I picked up at Tuesday morning. I used a wavy embossing folder on the ATC’s, then colored the waves with oxide ink, and added the leaves.




I decided to try using one of the vintage ladies to create a vampire for Halloween. I started by using a blending brush on the cut down card stock. I had pulled out gold, red and purple oxide inks. I added the colors diagonally light to dark. I then stamped and embossed with black embossing powder, on a gray paper, the lady from 6/17 SMAK kit. I fussy cut her out and added vampire details with pens -fangs, necklace, blood, and angry brows. I also added a purple blush and kept her face gray. I then stamped the chandelier from the same kit and used both silver and black embossing powder to give shadows and a metallic feel to it. Finally, I added a spider, a crystal to the necklace, and various embellishments from a Tim Holtz Halloween remnants rub on Kit, that, I, again, picked up discounted at Tuesday Morning. I had fun creating this ATC.


Hope you enjoyed these - stop back and visit again.


No comments:

Post a Comment