Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Moose Christmas Card

Oh my gosh, I had to ink up my Unity holiday SMAK kits after the last card! Getting back to my comfort zone, I had wanted to try creating an animal with a background of trees, and using both SMAK kits, October 2017 and 2018, offered me a perfect solution. 

I started by pulling out medium brown Kraft paper and stamping the birches in a combo of black and brown. I then used a combo of Prismacolor pencils, a white, 2 yellows, a tan, 2 browns and 3 blues to color in the background. I stamped the moose directly on this paper. I decided to go with the moose as I thought I’d have more room for a sentiment (which I didn’t end up using). I pulled out a lighter color Kraft paper and stamped the moose and fussy cut the moose out. I then used a die and colored in the remaining pieces of the moose on the tree paper. 

I then decided to make my own background paper. So I first took the lighter color Kraft paper and Unity’s Dinged Dots background stamp and used yellow and blue oxide inks on the stamp. I had to stamp several times to cover the area I wanted. I then took the background stamp from the 2018 kit and used brown oxide, again stamping all over. Finally, I pulled out the snowflakes and stamped them around the perimeter and used Stampendous’ glittery blue embossing powder to add sparkle. I love how the background paper turned out! 



Loving the glittery snowflakes, I decided I needed to add a few to the tree paper. So I randomly pulled out smaller snowflakes from other Unity kits and used the same blue ink and embossing powder to add a few highlights to the birch background.

After playing with the pieces I decided to use a white Posca pen to add snow, so even though the sky has some sun peeking through, it’s still flaking out. Also added snow to moose! I added foam between all the layers so it looks like a decoupage card. I stopped there after debating and quizzing instagram on adding a sentiment.




I really like how this turned out and hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment