Monday, September 24, 2018

Forest Guy Birthday Card

Have a special someone’s birthday coming up, so wanted to try my hand at Unity’s Forest Guy kit and a background I’ve been trying to create.

I had 2 quarter circle blue/copper striped acetate plaid pieces I had picked up in a magazine last year that I thought had a men’s feel to it. I wanted to coordinate with those pieces by creating a copper/metal look paper. To do that, I used a combination of blue, brown and Rusty Hinge Distress inks and coordinating Perfect Pearls powder. I would start by stamping the pad on my craft mat, pouring Perfect Pearls in spots, spray the mat with water and then dip my watercolor paper into it. Then, I would dry the paper and move onto the next color, till the paper was saturated with color and was shiny in spots. I then took a copper brown Nuvo Glimmer paste and a TCW stencil and created a riveted metal look.



I then turned to the male image and stamped that on coordinating paper. I colored the image with pencils and paper pieced the clothes onto the image. I fussy cut the image out. I then found a matching blue paper that I stamped the cogs from Unity’s August 2017 SMAK kit using the same inks. I placed Forest Guy onto the blue paper and framed that image with a Gina K die cut of coordinating paper. I used the same paper to create die cut cogs and added some copper Perfect Pearls color to the cogs. I also found some wooden cogs to add to the card.

I then stamped and embossed, using copper embossing powder, numbers from a Bo Bunny set and the sentiment. I added blue paint to the numbers and beige pencil color to the sentiment. I pulled the card together and added a copper kitty cat in honor of the pet.

Hope the recipient enjoys this card! On to the next creative endeavor! Happy crafting!

PS I am participating in a papercrafters follow loop, wherein, if you follow my blog, I will reciprocate if you leave your blog address in the comments. This is an effort to encourage and support fellow crafters and to gain inspiration from others efforts.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Your work is always so inspiring. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you! I hope you try the metallic look!

      Delete