Friday, September 28, 2018

You are Amazing Tag

As I was watching a live video today of Angie Magnuson, Unity Stamp Co. owner, making tags, I was inspired to make one too! Just not like hers! I pulled out the new Thankful and Grateful Fall Kit and the Make Today Kit. I also pulled out a Fall based Tim Holtz stencil trio.

To begin I took a larger tag and thoroughly coated it with white gesso. I dried it and then pulled out gold, bronze and green Art Anthology paints. The Leaf green is very pretty in that it has specs of glitter in it and the bronze and gold are shimmery. I added paint lightly in vertical and horizontal strips and dried that. I then lightly sprayed some darker color in 3 areas. I dried the tag again.

I pulled out Stazon orange and black inks. I first added orange leaves and then brown leaves. I then used a Memento red to add the 3rd leaf. I decided to go ahead and stamp and emboss the sentiments with clear embossing powder.

Now, it was time to add a little background to the tag, I lightly used all 3 background stamps in a combo of Sepia, dark green and a brown.

Next, I turned to a red wax based paste and added small burlap touches of red. Then, I pulled out a copper paste and added leaves and again more burlap touches. Finally I used a deep gold and added more leaves.

To finish the tag, I added Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress stain around the edges. I bundled strips of green striped ribbon, copper/red mesh and an off white linen together, pulled through the hole at the top and wrapped it with jute, adding metal embellishments.

Had a lot of fun getting inky and dirty again. Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!






2 comments: