Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Sunflower Card

This month’s Unity SMAK kit (August 2018) has beautiful sunflowers in it that I had to play with! Been busy doing ATC’s so, after the long break, felt the need to dive into a lot of products. I started by stamping the 2 sunflowers onto Canson Bristol paper using a combo of yellow, orange and black archival inks. I then took one of the background stamps from the kit and started stamping around the flowers with clear embossing ink and then embossed Hot Cocoa Nuvo powder on the background. I then began adding paint to the sunflowers using a yellow and then a mixed orange Brea Reese Glitters inks. I then pulled in Pewter Perfect Pearls to darken some areas. Once dried I used both white and black Posca pens...I have a question about this later.

Turning to the background I first started adding distress and oxide blues and Fossilized Amber. I then sprayed some Distress stains in Fossilized Amber and Heather Smoke to darken some areas. Following this I decided to add more blue and pulled out a darker Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist and hit the lighter areas. I finished the background by adding Peacock Feathers Oxide in several areas. I then wanted to add a border, so I took a ruler stamp from Unity’s A Love Beyond Measure kit (also used a sentiment from this kit). I used Peacock Feathers again for the border and then added paint up to the border. I took a dark gold Bo Bunny paste and used a TCW stencil to add petals in 3 areas. Because I wanted a little white in the mix, I also used a TCW stencil to add 3 butterflies using Brea Reese White texture paste.

To assemble the card I found matching paper and distressed the edges for the background, a matching paper clip bow, a glitter star and some sequins. I inked up the sentiments from the 2 kits and distressed the edges and added those. Now, the questions I have is -> should I outline with black the background behind the sunflowers? Or, should I continue detailing the flowers with the black pen? Or, finally, leave as is? Very interested in your feedback! Well, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. This is spectacular! I absolutely love it. ❤ You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you! I am still learning techniques, but I love playing! Thank you so much!

      Delete