Wednesday, August 15, 2018

1st Set of Unity ATC’s for August

Was inspired this month to start my ATC’s early, and it seemed each one spoke to me, calling to be made! I had been saving Unity’s Sunflower - Miss You, Friend kit for the August timeframe. I paired it with a sentiment from the love. just love. regardless kit from Unity. I started by stamping the flower in brown archival ink on each card. I then took my Gansai Tambi watercolor set and painted each card in a very quick almost impressionistic style. I added a little white Posca pen marks to each card. Once dried, I took a new Tim Holtz mini stencil and added small squares around the flower using a bright red oxide ink. Finally, I used a brown marker to add a frame. I then stamped the sentiment, cut it down, and added some distress inks using another stencil to match the flowers. I then used a hole puncher on the sentiment tag and the ATC and used a coordinating brad (an assortment) to combine the two. I really liked how it turned out...reminds me of a French country kitchen for some reason!



The second ATC went in an entirely different direction as I had just received new Unity goodies I had  ordered. I decided I wanted to try my new 11/16 SMAK kit and a new mint/blue embossing powder I picked up on sale (my favorite color). I first made a prototype using the embossing powder and inks I thought I could use and used that as the basis for the colors and designs. I started by finding and cutting up some cheap patterned paper I thought could make a good ATC foundation. I inked up the large feather and stamped it in the middle of each ATC card using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I also found another distressed white patterned sheet that I picked up in a discount store that I stamped lightly all over with the music sheet background stamp using Vintage Photo ink. I added some Evergreen Bough and Antique Linen Oxide ink to the page to mute the white. I tore two ends of the ATC off and attached pieces of the now off-white paper. I inked up all the edges using Vintage Photo. I then took out a stencil and added Heidi swap metallic paste in white and Brea Reese gold paste. Finally, I stamped the the two smaller bird stamps in the Evergreen Bough and Rich Cocoa inks on the inked up off white paper. I fussy cut them all out and added crystal dots for eyes. I then cut up cardstock for the sentiment. I added Antique Linen, Evergreen Bough and Vintage Photo to each piece. I used an Avery Elle ink in mint color and then the embossing powder to add the sentiment. To finish the ATC, I added another dot to the sentiment, darkened the edges of the ATC and sentiment and glued everything together. The ATC turned out okay, but I really love how the birds, sentiment, feather and music background stamps complement each other so well. This really is a lovely kit! That’s all for now! Hope you enjoy these!




No comments:

Post a Comment